Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Hong Kong, China
  • Program Terms: Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Dates / Deadlines:

There are currently no active application cycles for this program.
Fact Sheet:
Minimum GPA: 2.5 Housing: Apartment, Dorm
Language of Instruction: English Program Type: GSU
Sponsoring College: College of Arts & Sciences
Program Description:
Students interested in speaking with program alumni can browse our Alumni Reference Network. The Alumni Reference Network is password-protected and only accessible to GSU students. Please contact the Study Abroad Office at (404) 413-2529 or for the password.

Please click the link for the Hong Kong Baptist University Exchange brochure. (coming soon!)
Please click the link for the Program Description for Medical Evaluations (coming soon!)

Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) offers one semester and one year exchanges, and the freedom to take courses from across our undergraduate programmes. Experienced and caring faculty members provide expert and individual tuition. Our campus facilities, located in the heart of the vibrant city, offer world-class library and research resources. Student life is dynamic and varied. Exchange students come to HKBU from partner institutions world-wide.

Hong Kong itself offers a unique window into China and a gateway to other Asian countries. There is no better way to learn about the many changes and challenges facing China and Asian as a whole first hand - living and learning with students not only from Hong Kong, but also from China and many other countries. Living in a multi-cultural environment in the heart of Asia, you will also learn what makes another society unique and gain a fresh perspective on your own home.

Undergraduate Programmes
Faculty of Arts
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Music

School of Business
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Bachelor of Business Administration
School of Chinese Medicine
Bachelor of Chinese Medicine and Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science
Bachelor of Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine
School of Communication
Bachelor of Social Sciences in Communication
Faculty of Science
Bachelor of Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Social Sciences
Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education and Recreation Management
Bachelor of Social Sciences in European Studies - French Stream
Bachelor of Social Sciences in European Studies - German Stream
Bachelor of Social Sciences in China Studies (Economics / Geography / History / Sociology)
Bachelor of Social Work
Academy of Visual Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts

Cross-Disciplinary Programmes
English Language & Literature and English Language Teaching (Double Degree)
Geography / History / Sociology and Liberal Studies Teaching (Double Degree)

Students from partner institutions are welcome to study as exchange students at HKBU for one semester or one year. If you are a student from one of our partner institutions, please submit your application materials via your home institution to us.

Students from non-partner institutions overseas are also welcome to study at HKBU as fee-paying visiting students. If you are not a student from one of our partner institutions, please e-mail us at for details.

You may apply if:
1. You have completed at least one year of university study;
2. You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4-point scale) or equivalent; and
3. You have the endorsement from your home institution.

If you are not a native English speaker, you are required to have a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) / 213 (computer-based) / 80 (internet-based) or above in TOEFL; or a score of 6.0 or above in IELTS, unless otherwise exempted per the terms of the partnership agreement between HKBU and your home institution.

HKBU does not normally accept final-year-final-semester students.

The HKBU exchange programme offers the opportunity for a one-semester or a one-year study exchange. The HKBU academic calendar comprises two semesters of fifteen weeks each. The first semester runs from September to December, and the second semester from January through May.

Please note that you are REQUIRED to stay through the semester(s). The examination system in Hong Kong is VERY different from that in North American universities/colleges with very tight security, centrally-controlled examination files, and external examiner-reviewed examination papers. Therefore, it is not possible for early examinations to be arranged. Please bear this in mind when submitting your application. If you cannot stay through the examination period, you should delay until you can come for a semester in which you can remain throughout the full examination period.

The minimum study load for a full-time student at HKBU is 12 credits (or 4 courses) per semester. In other words, you will be required to enrol for at least 12 credits per semester (or 4 courses per semester) to be considered a full-time student at HKBU, and to satisfy the immigration laws of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

To get a real feel of the academic exchange, we encourage students to enrol for 5 (or 6) courses to start with. Please consult with your academic advisor at your home institution.

Course Selection
You are free to choose and enroll in any courses you want (provided you also meet the prerequisite requirements, if any, of the courses). You should confer with your home institution academic adviser to seek approval for selected courses for the purpose of credit transfer.

Choose and list on the enrolment application in priority order six to eight courses which you wish to study (six to eight courses should be listed in the event that some of the courses are not available due to time scheduling conflicts, etc.). Based on the information, the University will try to pre-register you in these courses as far as possible. You need to be aware, however, that as at your home institution, it may not always be possible for you to register for every class you choose.


Exchange students can choose to live on- or off-campus.  In order to integrate more fully into the University experience, you are encouraged to live in on-campus dormitories.  For students who decide to live in on-campus housing, you will be notified of the application details after you are formally admitted for studies at HKBU.

If you choose to live off-campus, it will be your responsibility to make housing arrangements either before or after arrival in Hong Kong.  Please note that often times, off-campus housing is more expensive than on-campus housing.  Also, places closer to campus are normally quite difficult to acquire and often cost much more than those farther away.  You should begin searching right away and prior to your arrival.  And because of the high demand of on-campus dormitories, once you have decided to live off-campus, it will not be possible for us to entertain your later request to live in on-campus dormitories.  Please do keep this in mind when you make your decision as to whether you should be accommodated on- or off-campus.

For Undergraduate Exchange Students
Undergraduate exchange students are housed in the University's 21-storey Undergraduate Halls on the Baptist University Road Campus (BURC). The Undergraudate Halls are composed of the South Tower and the North Tower providing some 800 rooms. Majority of the rooms accommodate two students and are air-conditioned (separately controlled in each room). For each occupant, the provision includes one bed, closet, desk and shelf, one chair, and one LAN point and wifi connected to the University's network system.

Linens (sheets, pillows, towels, etc.) are the responsibility of the individual occupant. Please bring your own or buy them in Hong Kong. Every two rooms share a common restroom and shower facility. There is no telephone in the bedroom, but you can use the public telephones at the common areas of the Halls. Other facilities include a common lounge (with a small pantry & kitchenette) on each floor, a music/TV room, a multi-purpose room, a table tennis room, a computer room, a gym room, a study room, and a laundry area.

You can have the option of sharing a room with a local student, a Mainland Chinese student, or an international student, of the same gender.

Students are expected to pay room rates, in full, on a semester basis. Monthly payments are not accepted. Room fees are not refundable.

Air conditioning (A/C) expenses are not included in the accommodation fees. Students sharing rooms will be equally responsible for the amounts at an average of HK$ 600 (US$ 77) per student per month (calculated on a 24-hour usage).

For Postgraduate Exchange Students
Depending on occupancy, postgraduate students will either be housed (i) in the Dr. Ng Tor Tai International House (NTT) on campus, or (ii) off-campus. The NTT offers a "Semester Accommodation Package" to full-time HKBU students. Application details will be announced to admitted exchange students. If the NTT is full, the University's Office of Student Affairs will assist students in finding off-campus accommodation. Rental fee ranges from HK$3,000 to HK$4,000 per month.

The University does not operate any meal plan, mandatory or optional. Students can dine where they want, on or outside campus. There are several canteens and two full-service Chinese restaurants on the university campuses. Cost per meal in the canteens ranges from HK$25 (~US$3) up.

Further information is available at:

*If you are interested in this exchange, please contact Stephen Murray, Study Abraod Adviser at

This program is currently not accepting applications.